Winter holidays at Hotel Heinz at Plan de Corones
The privileged position of Hotel Heinz, directly next to the valley station of Plan de Corones, will make your winter stay truly remarkable. You will, in fact, be able to access the ski slope directly from the hotel, and vice versa. In the Plan de Corones ski area, No. 1 in South Tyrol, 100 kilometres of pure downhill skiing fun await you. But this area offers excellent cross-country skiing pistes and snow shoe excursions too, as well as sled runs for the whole family and a freerider snowpark. The unique and magnificent Alpine scenario is equally suited for simple relaxation in the sun on the Plan de Corones plateau.
Skiing weeks at Plan de Corones
Put your skis on directly outside the Hotel Heinz and go enjoy Plan de Corones, South Tyrol’s largest ski area that is a part of the Dolomiti Superski ski carousel consisting of a total of 1,200 km of ski slopes, 450 modern ski lift systems and over 1000 perfectly groomed ski runs. Snow is guaranteed 100% at Plan de Corones to ensure perfectly snow-covered slopes even in scarce snow conditions.
There are downhill slopes of all kinds, cosy mountain huts for relaxing breaks and an extraordinarily beautiful view. Easy slopes, such as the Korerexpress, the Alpen or the Plateau, are suitable for beginners, while much more experienced skiers will enjoy touting their skills on the ‘black’ Silvester and Hernegg runs. The Dolomiti Superski pass opens the doors not only to the Plan de Corones slopes but also to the ski world championship runs in Alta Badia, Val Gardena and Val di Fiemme, providing endless days of skiing fun. And after a long wonderful day on your skis, why not spend the evening in good company at our Après-Ski-Tenne?
Important information about skiing on Plan de Corones:
- Skipass service by machine at the hotel!
- Rental of skis, snow shoes and ski equipment directly at the valley ski lift station: special rates for Hotel Heinz guests
- Rent a Sport ski rental- directly at the Riscone valley ski lift station
- Plan de Corones ski and snowboard school at Riscone
Strong points of Plan de Corones:
- over 110 km of ski runs
- over 30 state of the art ski lift systems
- over 40 mountain huts
- 4 uninterrupted 5 km long downhill ski runs
- 100% guaranteed snow cover from December to March
- Snowpark and Funpark
- Speed tracking segment
- Competition slope open to the public with chronometric system (1 Euro/descent)
- Skiline: follow your daily performance on the Internet
In the Plan de Corones holiday area, cross-country ski lovers will find exactly what they were wishing for. The area is part of the “Dolomiti NordicSki” ski area, Europe’s largest cross-country ski carousel boasting over 300 km of pistes. The list of enchanting pistes along the main and adjoining valleys of the Plan de Corones area is truly quite long. Closest to Hotel Heinz is the Riscone cross-country ski piste. Another piste we warmly suggest in Plan de Corones is the Passo delle Erbe at an altitude of 2000 m a.s.l. with guaranteed snow coverage and the Sass de Putia mountain nearby. Val Casies too is renowned for its wide and excellently groomed cross-country pistes and comfortable restaurants along the route.
Gliding over the sparkling surface of ice as you enjoy the enchanting winter landscape – this is possible at the natural ice rink located in the sports park of Riscone, where fun for everyone is guaranteed well into the evening. If indoor skating is your thing, there is the ice stadium in Brunico. Families can have lots of fun on the natural ice skating pistes nearby, in Gais, San Lorenzo and Falzes.
Snow shoeing is the new trendy winter sport. Snow shoe pundits will thoroughly enjoy excursions on Plan de Corones and its environs. Charming snow-bound landscapes, breathtaking views and countless places for taking a deserved break make every outing an extraordinary experience.
Other winter activities in the Plan de Corones area:
- Evening torch-lit walks
- Swimming at the Cron4 centre right next to the Hotel (free admission for our guests)
- Saunas in the Cron4 wellness paradise, 1,600 m2 of pure relaxation (50% discount for our guests)
- During the Advent period, take a stroll through the Christmas street market stands of Brunico while sipping mulled wine
- Snowpark for children (valley ski lift station in Riscone)